Today is the hubby’s B’ day. So we are going to the parents to celebrate it and will be spending our weekend there … which means that I will not get to finish my new garden project as quickly as I had hoped.
That’s right, yesterday I started another project to make my gardening life easier in the coming summer … and for when I am back to visit my family in Singapore. This project is called … vertical salad tower. I had hoped to get as much much done yesterday, but since I started a little on the late side, I only managed to do two towers before it became too dark to work outside.
And then I was hoping to continue some more today. But since today is laundry washing day and there are a few things to look into before leaving for the weekend … I did not get to do anything on the project today.
But at least, I have started on my new project. And since I was working on the salads tower, I decided to harvest some salads for our dinner last night …
Not a lot … but more than enough for the two of us.
Check out the colour of the radishes. This year I decided to try planting some coloured radishes in addition to the red coloured radish called Saxa which I grew last year. Although they take longer than the red Saxa radishes to mature … it is so nice to be able to enjoy some colours, no? 🙂
The dark coloured ones … which are actually very dark purple tasted sweeter and less peppery than the radishes of the other colour. I like it … so am going to grow more of these coloured radishes. Unfortunately, the seeds are mixed so I cannot pick and choose my favourite colours!
And of course the thing that took up most of my afternoon was doing this …
… baking muffin for the hubby to bring to work!
It is supposed to be a crumble cupcake … but after mixing some of the ingredients, I realised that there was something wrong with the recipe. The ingredients for the crumble and the cupcake do not tally with the instruction on how to make them! Arggghhh … I should have spent more time to read the recipe in greater detail … especially since it is in French. But it seems simple and easy enough when I first had a quick look through the recipe … haizzz. So with some of the ingredients that I had already started mixing, I went ahead and decided to make just a normal apple muffin, instead.
The end-product … for the hubby to bring to office. They still tasted quite good … but did not look like a cupcake crumble as in the picture! Oh well … tragedy in the kitchen do happens! 😉
So in addition to the cupcake which became a muffin … I baked banana chocolate cakes for the hubby to bring to the office as well!